How to ensure faucet ceramic cartridges durability and Lifespan?
Since every different standard gives the corresponding test methods, there are ASME A112.18.1, EN817, EN200 and AS3718 to specify endurance of cartridge or faucet.
Geann has professional test machine to proceed the tests. We always verify the endurance of cartridge before we dispatch the shipment. Also, when we revise the design of dimension, structure or any parts, we do the test as well.
During the test, we would record if there is any failure, including assembly-fracture and broken components.
To abide by the conditions of certificates, including water temperature, flow rate, speed, dwell time and so on, we complete every details and do the test with set-up testing machine.
Geann has various cartridges, like 25/35/40mm single lever cartridges and G3/8”G1/2”G3/4”brass ceramic cartridges. Each kind of cartridge, we have different test method. Take single lever cartridge for example, we need to test the endurance in flow control directions and temperature control directions under set-up circumstances for above 50,0000 times.
KEEP STABILITY DURING CARTRIDGE LIFE TIMEGeann monitors the change of torqueduring endurance test and adjusts the details of the design to offer stable operating torque during whole life cycle. After that, when the items go into bulk production, we also adopt sampling test for high quality. Even we finish the life cycle test, we will keep testing sealing and operation test according to required certificates to make sure the cartridge works fine after endurance tests.
LIFE CYCLE REQUIREMENT OF NORTH AMERICAN MARKETTo meet the requirement in US market followed by ASME112.18.1, for manually activated valves or controls, we shall open, operate, and close with a torque or force that not exceed 120% of specified torque. In the operating requirement, the linear force of NPS-1/2 and smaller control should be 67N and operating torque is 1.7Nm. the linear force of which is larger than NPS-1/2, the linear force should be 110N and operating torque is 2.8. For self-closing valves, the linear force should be 45N and operating torque is 1.7Nm.
LIFE CYCLE REQUIREMENT OF EUROPEAN MARKETTo meet the requirement in Europe market followed by EN817, the test method includes rectangular movement and triangular movement. The single lever cartridge would pass 70,000 times and brass ceramic cartridge pass 200,000times in the condition of hot water temperature 65±2°C, cold water temperature≤30°C, flow rate adjusted by downstream resistance (6±1)l/min, static pressure (0,4±0.05)Mpa, speed (60±5) °angular/s, dwell time (5±0.5)s and pH value 8±1.
LIFE CYCLE REQUIREMENT OF NORTH AUSTRALIAN MARKETTo meet the requirement in Australia market followed by AS3718, we set to open to at least 90% of full open, the water supply system was heated to 80 degree for hot source and the torque was set to 2.5Nm to control the handle and opening and closing times was about 1s to complete the test. The cycles was commenced from the cold source ad continued and changed the water supply after every 55 cycles. After 10,000 cycles, the diverter was fixed. The nominal flow rate was 7.5L/min and the difference between the highest and lowest average flow rates at 150 kPa, 250 kPa and 350 kPa was 1.9L/min. Finally, the cartridge would pass 50,000 life times.
- a)125±2psi and 10±6°C, torque required to open or close 8.8N (brass cartridge)
- b)20±2psi and 66±6°C, torque required to open or close 17.6N (brass cartridge)
- c)125±2psi and 66±6°C, torque required to open or close 19.6N (brass cartridge)
- d)20±2psi and 10±6°C, torque required to open or close 1.7lbf·in (25mm single lever cartridge)
- e)20±2psi and 10±6°C, torque required to open or close 3.0lbf·in (35/40mm single lever cartridge)
- f)125±2psi and 10±6°C, torque required to open or close 3.5lbf·in (25/35mm single lever cartridge)
- g)20±2psi and 66±6°C, torque required to open or close 3.9lbf·in (40mm single lever cartridge)
- h)20±2psi and 66±6°C, torque required to open or close 3.5lbf·in (25/35/40mm single lever cartridge)
- i)125±2psi and 66±6°C, torque required to open or close 4.3lbf·in (25/40mm single lever cartridge)
- j)125±2psi and 66±6°C, torque required to open or close 3.9lbf·in (35mm single lever cartridge)
Ready to collaborate with us? Contact us now for faucet ceramic cartridges or OEM/ODM precision components tailored to your needs. If you have any questions, we're here to help.
- Life cycle testing machine
- Operating the life cycle testing machine
- The Operation screen of the life cycle testing machine
- All Cartridges Complied to California AB100 Law
Geann Cartridges and Valves are all complied to California AB100 Law. Our products are certified by both NSF International and IAPMO.Read More
- 1/2 Half inch Faucet Plastic Cartridge
1/2 Half inch Two Handle Faucet Plastic Ceramic Cartridge for Faucet, Basin Application.Read More
- Pressure Balance Valve With Diverter
Pressure Balance Valve With Diverter for Anti-Scald and Shower Application.Read More