How to check flow rate testing for valves and faucets?
At Geann, we often receive inquiries from clients about how to test the flow rate of their purchased valves and faucets. Several international standards guide these tests:
- For the North American market, refer to chapter 5.4 of ASME A112.18.1 / CSA B125.1.
- European standards include EN817 and EN200.
- In Australia, refer to AS/NZS 3718 to meet WELS requirements.
Ultrasonic flow meter: A precise testing toolGeann Industrial Co., Ltd. utilizes ultrasonic flow meters to measure the flow rate of cartridges and components. This tool offers electronic readings for detailed analysis. Notably, ultrasonic flow meters are more accurate than their mechanical counterparts. We provide flow rate data under various dynamic water pressures, presenting a comprehensive flow diagram for client reference.
Ensuring accuracy: periodic calibrationRegular calibration enhances measurement reliability. At Geann, we use a weight scale to periodically compare and adjust readings from the ultrasonic flow meter, ensuring consistent and trustworthy results.
- Setup: The technician mounts the test specimen onto the test bench and connects it to the ultrasonic flow meter to set the testing parameters.
- Initial Pressure Setting: The water pressure is initially set to 6 kg-cm^2, allowing the pipeline to fill completely.
- Pressure Adjustments: The technician progressively reduces the water pressure from 6 kg-cm^2 to 1 kg-cm^2, recording the flow rate at each pressure level. Observing the flow rate changes during these adjustments provides valuable data for subsequent analysis.
- Testing Without Resistance: Typically, tests are conducted in a "Without Resistance" condition. This means the flow from the manifold to the water outlet faces no resistance, which can otherwise limit the actual flow rate. The test bench is designed for direct flow, simulating a resistance-free environment. This approach offers our engineering team insights into potential flow rate bottlenecks.
Understanding and implementing the correct flow rate testing procedures ensures the efficiency and reliability of your valves and faucets. By adhering to international standards and utilizing precise tools like the ultrasonic flow meter, you can guarantee optimal performance. At Geann, we are committed to providing you with the knowledge and resources to achieve the best results, ensuring customer satisfaction and product longevity.
If you have any questions, please contact us.
- Calibration for reliable measurement
- Flow rate testing procedure
- All Cartridges Complied to California AB100 Law
Geann Cartridges and Valves are all complied to California AB100 Law. Our products are certified by both NSF International and IAPMO.Read More
- 1/2 Half inch Faucet Plastic Cartridge
1/2 Half inch Two Handle Faucet Plastic Ceramic Cartridge for Faucet, Basin Application.Read More
- Pressure Balance Valve With Diverter
Pressure Balance Valve With Diverter for Anti-Scald and Shower Application.Read More